Bridal portraits sometimes referred to as romantics are the photos that we take of the bride and groom alone. This usually takes place right after the ceremony when emotions are real and the excitement and adrenaline are thriving.These photos include none other than the bride and groom. It's best to go alone away from the bridal party, wedding guests, distractions, and family members. This allows us to capture real intimate moments of love and devotion between the newlywed couple.Bridal portraits are some of the most important images we capture at weddings. These are the photos that show the couple in love, and connecting as one. These are the images that document the beginning of your legacy as husband and wife. These photos are for you, your future children, and grandchildren. For generations to love and cherish.We love to whisk the bride and groom away shortly after the ceremony to a secluded location either at the venue or near by. We love to have an hour alone with the couple but realistically that doesn't always happen. So we have learned to photograph efficiently and quickly if need be.TIPS TO ACHIEVE GREAT BRIDAL PORTRAIT
TRUST YOUR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHERTIPS TO ACHIEVE GREAT BRIDAL PORTRAITS
Get away from the group
- Everyone has something to say and this only adds distraction and ruins the moment that we are trying to capture.
Allow enough time
- We typically spend 30 minutes to an hour with the bride and groom after they exchange their vows.
- The more time the better.
- Schedule a time slot for bridal portraits in your timeline as it's own event
Get to know your photographer
- Do this before the wedding day.
- Have your photographer take your engagement photos
- Tell them your likes and dislikes
- Be comfortable with your photographer
- Plan your time line ahead
Why you should trust your wedding photographer
- Our knowledge and awareness of the time and natural light will determine where we position you for your photos.
- We know the location and the best places to take beautiful pictures. Either we have worked at the location or have scouted it out before hand to know where the best places are for photos.
- We always keep the time of day and location in mind when we photograph couples. We do this so we know where the sun will be and how it will impact your photos.
Pinterest and the internet
- Don't have your photographer try to reenact a Pinterest photo you love
- Having a Pinterest photo list can be unrealistic
- If you do see something on the internet you like discuss this with your photographer before the wedding. Not the day of.
RELAX AND HAVE FUN!
Why you hired a professional wedding photographer
- Our knowledge and awareness of the time and natural light will determine where we positions you for your photos
- We know the location and the best places to take beautiful pictures
- We always keep the time of day and location in mind when we photograph couples
Tips to achieve great bridal portraits
- Relax and have fun (trust your photographer)
- When you are truly taking in the moment it shines through your photos
- Let the photographer flow
- Don't micro manage the artist
- You just got married! Be in the moment!
Last photo of the day
- Discuss this with your photographer before the wedding day.
- Do you want an exit photo with a prop?
- Getting into Vintage Car
- Farewell send off