Laguna Hills Civic Center Wedding
A Laguna Hills Civic Center wedding is perfect for couples looking for an intimate civil ceremony in Orange County. Ceremonies will be performed by a Deputy Commissioner of Marriage from the County Clerks office. Make sure your witness or guests are on time as the vow exchange is around 5-7 minutes long. There is plenty of time to take photos after the ceremony.
About Laguna Hills Civic Center
Location: Right of the 5 Freeway 24031 El Toro Rd, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
Hours of operation: Monday-Friday 9 am-4:30 pm
Phone #: (714) 834-2500
Parking: Onsite. Free. Easy and plenty of spots.
What to expect from a civil ceremony
- The ceremony is 5-7 minutes
- You will be appointed a Deputy Commissioner of Marriage from the County Clerks office.
- Vows are provided by the County Clerks office. The department is limited to a set of vows that the Orange County Board of Supervisors has approved.
- Ceremonies are held inside the ceremony room. It can accommodate up to 10-15 guests. Mostly standing room only.
- Outdoor ceremonies are held in front of the water fountain or on the beautifully manicured lawn.
Can I get married on a Saturday?
Yes, you can have your wedding on a Saturday. However, the three main branches that perform civil ceremonies are only open one Saturday a month. Appointments are available for marriage licenses and ceremonies. Or you can walk in on a first come first serve basis. For more information on how to get a marriage license visit our blog. Below is the Schedule for the first 6 months of 2020. Be sure to check OCRecorder.com for any changes or updates.
- February 29, 2020
- March 21, 2020
- April 18, 2020
- May 16, 2020
- June 13, 2020
- July 18, 2020
How can I make my civil ceremony special?
- Bridal Gown: Wear a special dress. It doesn’t have to be white.
- Hair and makeup: Be sure to pamper yourself and look your best for your wedding.
- Flowers: This is always a nice touch. Flowers make photos look special and add color.
- Groom’s attire: Be sure to dress nicely. Buying a new suit is a good idea.
- Photographer: Hire a professional photographer to document the ceremony.
- Romantic portrait session: Choose a location after the ceremony for romantic portraits. Post ceremony we take photos around the civic center. In addition, we recommend a second location nearby. Laguna Beach or Mission San Juan are nice places for portraits.
- Wedding Guests/Witnesses: Invite close family or friends to attend your union. Most couples invite 5-15 guests.
- Celebrate with a meal: After the ceremony invite guests to lunch or dinner. Continue the celebration at a local restaurant.
- Champagne: Nothing says congratulations like a toast to the newlyweds with champagne.
- Cake: Always a great idea. Treat yourselves to a special cake to share with guests.
Mid Week civil ceremony Package
Mid Week Packages start at $650 include:
- Up to 2 hours of photography coverage at one location.
- Photo session in and around the Civic Center after the ceremony
- 30-50 beautiful images included
- Online gallery of images delivered within 5 business days or sooner.
- Custom Hand made Italian wedding album.
- Add a second location for wedding portraits in Orange County additional $399.
About Christopher Todd Studios
Our studio is located in Santa Ana, California. We are conveniently located near South Coast Plaza. We would love to answer all your questions regarding your wedding day. Learn more about Christopher Todd Studios today.