About Our Photo Books
My album lines are locally made in Los Angeles or come from Italy with the highest quality materials and construction, offering Kodak Lustre or Fuji crystal archive paper, as well as Fine Art Archival Papers with album covers available in many materials and colors. All albums we design have a timeless look with a recessed cover image if desired. We also offer specialty albums with metal, wood or acrylic covers.
Albums tell Stories
Your wedding is a story, and an album is the best way to relive your wedding day. I approach every wedding album with the aim to tell your story with a variety of moment, portrait, detail, and environment photographs.
Common Design Terms
- Aspect Ratio: Proportional relationship between an images width and height. 35mm DSLR cameras record 3:2 Aspect Ratio meaning 3 units Horizontally for 2 units vertically.
- Spread: Refers to 2 consecutive pages facing each other in an album. A wedding album is viewed one spread at a time
- Gutter: 1mm empty space between pages of an album where they fold at the binding point.
- Full Bleed: Image that extends to edge of page
- Panorama: A single image that carries or bleeds across the center gutter of a spread.
- Less is more. Let's pick the best images and print them big.
- 2 page spreads. Every spread is like a chapter in a book, and should have similar continuity of subject matter. For example:
|SPREAD 1||Bride getting ready|
|SPREAD 2||Groom getting ready|
|SPREAD 3||Bride's Family Portraits|
|SPREAD 4||Groom Family Portraits|
|SPREAD 5||First Look|
- Juxtaposition is a great design concept to highlight images by showing their differences.
- Black & White or Color? Color for colorful images, and B&W treatments are best used for moment images to give a feeling of timelessness.
- Design for the eye. Keep your viewers eye on the page by avoiding placing images of people looking off the page. Design with people facing into the page design, thereby leading your eye
- Give Space. The best images deserve a little room to breathe. Time tested traditional design technique that will give you images more impact.
- Mix it up. Use pacing with each spread to add visual interest by alternating the layout and number of images on subsequent spreads.
Common Design Mistakes
- Tone inconsistency Keep inter-image tones and color even on each page and spread, to promote visual harmony between images and pages. It's a big design no-no to mix Black & White and Color images on the same spread. I will occasionally break this rule.
Example of different subject matter with consistent tone throughout spread.
- Over designing. Best to avoid busy crowded designs. Pick less images to get more impact with each image.
- Continuity. Create spreads that flow through the story. Avoid adding disconnected images on a spread. I call the images that don't fit into an existing spread homeless images. They are best dealt with by adding another spread and selecting a few more images that will harmonize.
- Mind the Gap. Layout images so no faces land on the gutter between pages of a spread.
We story format your images. What the heck does that mean?
- We will go through your entire wedding collection image by image. Selecting a blend of images that not only tell your complete wedding story, but many smaller stories woven into different parts of your day. Our story format concept is the genesis of every album we design. Your first look at your wedding images will be in a story format in our studio. Our design goal is simple. An amazing artistic design that leaves nothing out and tells your complete story perfectly. We like to refer to our initial design as your dream album.
- After we present your album the process becomes more collaborative. Most couples want to add some extra images, or make small changes or image swaps. We will make any necessary adjustments to your design LIVE during our meeting. Technology is pretty amazing.
Our meeting goal
Have all your wedding album decisions being you by the end of our meeting. We usually spend 2-4 hours finalizing each album.
Types of Albums
- Handmade Album
Turn around approx. 30-40 days.
- Cold glued & pressed pages
- Archival acid free page boards
- Gutter between pages
- Premium photographic or Giclee printing
- Hot glued pages
- No gutter, folded print pages
- Premium photographic printing
- 10x10 book size
- Custom designed layouts with revisions
- Online viewing
- Photo retouching to every image.
- Printing and materials
- Protective spray
- Size upgrade to 12x12, 11x14, 10x15
- Leather cover
- Metal or Acrylic cover
Handmade cover swatches
Turn around approx. 7-10 days.
Standard cover swatches
What's included with your wedding album
Fill Out Our Connect Form To Get Started!