Orange County Family Photography
Photographing families is so meaningful and special. As a father, I know all too well how quickly time goes by. Kids grow up so fast. I want to help you preserve those precious faces in your life. My goal is to make you and your family look and feel great. I photograph families and children in my studio or at a location of your choice. In addition to families, I photograph high school seniors, headshots, and couples getting married.
Best locations for your portrait session
Choosing a location for your session can be overwhelming. I can help you pick just the right spot for your family photos.
- Orange County has many great beaches and state parks. Central Park in Huntington Beach is one of my favorite spots for family photos.
- Upscale or architectural backdrops in the OC are perfect for unique portraits.
- Sessions can also be taken in my studio. Studio photography is a great way to get professional photos that are perfectly refined and stand the test of time.
How to plan your family portraits
Begin with the end in mind. Deciding on what you do with your prints will help determine what you wear and the location for family portraits. My job is not only to take your photos but to help you plan from start to finish. I want every family to have beautiful prints in their hands.
- Are the photos going to be used for holiday cards?
- It is time for updating your family photos.
- Maybe you are looking for a beautiful wall portrait?
- My simple three-step process ensures families end up with beautiful art for their walls from every family session.
What makes a great family photo?
The best family photos show:
Creating a fun and relaxed experience is key to getting great photos. This can be done most easily with our candid style of photography. However, if you prefer a more traditional style we can do that as well.
How long does it take to photograph a family?
Most family sessions last an hour. Although, they can be much shorter than that. One past session only lasted 5 min when the child fell into a lake at the park. After dad jumped in to retrieve his youngster, I wasn't sure if I should keep shooting. Years later the father told me the lake images are some of their favorite photos.
How much do family portraits cost?
Family photography costs can vary widely. Most clients spend between $500 and $3000, depending on many factors such as what products are purchased.
How can I book my family portrait?
The best way to book me for your family photography is by phone or email.
Our typical scheduling window is 1-2 weeks out. This allows for proper planning and preparation.