Orange County Family Photographer
Family photography is so meaningful and special. As a father and an Orange County family photographer, I know all too well how quickly time goes by. Kids grow up so fast. I want to help you preserve those precious faces in your life. My goal is to make you and your family look and feel great. I photograph families and children in my Orange County studio or at a location of your choice.
Orange County locations for your portrait session
Choosing a location for your session can be overwhelming. I can help you pick just the right spot for your family photos. We love taking families to open nature reserves, local beaches, parks, and even right in your own home. Some locations require a permit such as Laguna City beaches, The Anti Mall in Costa Mesa, and Segerstrom Hall. When you hire Christopher Todd Studios you get more than just a portrait session. We help you with all the logistics from what to wear to how to pose.
- Orange County has many great beaches and state parks. Central Park in Huntington Beach is one of my favorite spots.
- Upscale or architectural backdrops in the OC are perfect for unique portraits.
- Sessions can also be taken in my studio. This is a great way to get professional photos that are perfectly refined and stand the test of time.
Planning your family portraits
Begin with the end in mind. Deciding on what you do with your prints will help determine what you wear and the location choose. My job is not only to take your photos but to help you plan from start to finish. I want every family to have beautiful prints in their hands.
FAQ About Family Photography
Ask yourself these questions
- Are the photos going to be used for holiday cards?
- Is it time for updating your family photos?
- Do you need a new wall portrait?
- Is there a new member in your family that needs to photographed?
- Are you looking for a casual or formal look?
- What season do you prefer?
- My simple three-step process ensures families end up with beautiful art for their walls from every family session.
What makes a great family photo?
The best family photos show:
Creating a fun and relaxed experience is key to getting great photos. This can be done most easily with our candid style of photography. However, if you prefer a more traditional style we can do that as well.
How long does it take to photograph a family?
Most family sessions last an hour. Although, they can be much shorter than that. One past session only lasted 5 min when the child fell into a lake at the park. After dad jumped in to retrieve his youngster, I wasn't sure if I should keep shooting. Years later the father told me the lake images are some of their favorite.
How much do family portraits cost?
Most clients spend between $500 and $3000, depending on many factors such as what products are purchased. For a more accurate quote get in touch today.
How can I book you as my Orange County family photographer?
The best way to book me for your family session is by phone or email.
Our typical scheduling window is 1-2 weeks out. This allows for proper planning and preparation.